60 years ago
july 8, 1954
Twin daughters, Marian Therese and Maureen Clarice, who arrived at St. Luke Hospital July 3, not only greatly pleased their parents, Mr. and Mrs. Louis Holub and family, but got special recognition. They will receive all hospital services free of charge. When the hospital opened, it was announced that the first set of twins to be born there would be so honored—and Marian and Maureen are the first.
The Marion County Medical Society this week welcomed three new doctors, Robert D. Wood and Royal A. Barker at Peabody and Roland L. Krause of Goessel, to their midst with a dinner at Kingfisher’s Inn.
The Sub Deb Club met at the home of Ginger Price July 1 with Marlys Rupp as co-hostess. The following officers were elected for the coming year: Carolyn Merrill, president; Carol Jean Allen, vice president; Nila Jean Hopes, secretary; Etta Mae Rempel, corresponding secretary; Rose Marie Holub, treasurer; and Ann Davies, reporter.
The dedication of the Lutheran parsonage in Lincolnville was held Sunday afternoon with the Rev. Richard Has officiating,
Among those vacationing in Georgetown, Colo., this week are the Max Jackson family, the Dr. C.R. Magee family, Mr. and Mrs. Monette Avery, and Mr. and Mrs. Ed Costello and children.