70 years ago
august 4, 1949
Gleaming white in the sun is the new 30’ x 60’ cement block building of John Dixon’s on East Main Street. This is the latest addition to the growing business section on the east edge of town.
W.J. Hassinger has leased the west part of the front floor. The east part has been leased by John Brose. There are two apartments under construction on the second floor.
Buckley’s Grocery, well-known local food store and oldest business of its kind in the city, has undergone complete remodeling and redecoration during the past two weeks.
T.C. Ensey, M.D., wishes to announce the opening of his office at 314½ E. Main. Office hours are 10 to 12 p.m. and 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Quite a number of new homes are in various stages of construction in Marion. Others are being moved into town to prepared locations to be improved and modernized. Several other fine new homes have also recently been completed and are now occupied.