Blue-green algae alert extended for reservoir
A blue-green algae warning for Marion Reservoir was extended Thursday for another week by Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
KDHE provided the following guidelines for blue-green algae warnings:
- Lake water is not good to drink for humans, pets, or livestock.
- Water contact should be avoided.
- Fish can be eaten as long as they are rinsed with clean water, only the fillet portion is consumed, and all other parts are discarded.
- Do not allow pets to drink affected water or eat dried algae. They could become seriously ill.
- If lake water contacts skin, wash with clean water as soon as possible.
- Avoid areas of visible algae accumulation.
Lake status will be updated June 16. Up-to-date lake conditions are available by calling (785) 296-1664.