Blue-green algae warning issued for Marion County Lake
A blue-green algae warning was issued Thursday for Marion County Lake.
Assistant lake superintendent Adam Benson said algae was present in coves and along the north side of the lake.
“It’s pretty bad out there,” Benson said.
Kansas Department of Health and Environment warns that:
- Lake water is not safe to drink for humans, pets, or livestock.
- If lake water contacts skin, wash with clean water as soon as possible.
- Only the filet portion of fish may be eaten and only if it is rinsed in clean water.
- Pets should not be allowed to eat dried algae.
- Areas of visible algae accumulation should be avoided.