• Last modified 1005 days ago (Nov. 17, 2016)



According to fire and ambulance transmissions, monitored by the newspaper.

Nov. 8

10:01 a.m. — Marion ambulance and Hillsboro first response responded to Park Ave. for a woman in her 80s having shortness of breath and dizziness. She was transported to Hillsboro Community Hospital.

12:55 p.m. — Hillsboro ambulance performed a basic-life-support transfer from HCH to Newton Medical Center.

3:10 p.m. — Goessel fire, Goessel first response, Hillsboro rescue, and Marion ambulance responded to K-15 and 150th Rd. for a two-vehicle accident. An individual was transported by Life Team helicopter to an undisclosed location.

10:42 p.m. — Peabody ambulance was en route to an unspecified location for an unspecified reason. No transportation was provided.

nov. 9

11:19 p.m. — Hillsboro ambulance was called to the 500 block of S. Ash St. for a man with breathing difficulties. He was transported to HCH.

11:35 a.m. — Marion ambulance responded to the 200 block of S. Buller St. in Goessel for a woman having hip and back pain. She was transported to Newton Medical.


12:49 a.m. — Hillsboro ambulance and Goessel first response were called to the 200 block of S. Buller St. in Goessel for a person with hip pain. They were transported to Newton Medical.

1:20 p.m. — Marion ambulance responded to the 300 block of S. Ash St. for a woman who had fallen. No transportation was provided.

10:09 p.m. — Peabody ambulance responded to the 200 block of S. Locust St. for a possible heart attack victim. They were transported to Newton Medical.


8:46 a.m. — Hillsboro ambulance responded to railroad tracks on Diamond Rd. between 250th and 260th Rds. for a railroad worker in his 50s reportedly having irregular heartbeats.

9:50 a.m. — Hillsboro ambulance was paged to the airport to pick up Lifeteam members who were to pick a patient up from HCH.

7:06 p.m. — Peabody ambulance was called to respond to the Peabody Methodist Church for a woman who had collapsed. Peabody transported the woman to Newton Medical as code blue (no pulse or respiration).

10:32 p.m. — Tampa ambulance responded to the 300 block of 7th St. in Durham for a woman who was reported as “hot, sweaty” and with pain in her jaw and throat. She was transported to HCH.

11:11 p.m. — Marion ambulance was put on standby, then responded to the Sports and Aquatic Center for a possible fight. No transportation was provided.


12:45 a.m. — Hillsboro ambulance took Life Team personnel back to the airport where they had previously picked them up at an estimated time of 12:38 a.m.

1:35 a.m. — Tampa ambulance responded to 300 block of S. Ash St. in Hillsboro for a woman who was reported as sick. She was transported to HCH.

4:26 a.m. — Tampa ambulance transferred a patient from HCH to Via Christi— St. Francis, Wichita.

3:57 p.m. — Florence fire, Marion fire, Peabody fire, and Florence ambulance responded to the Florence grain elevator after receiving reports of possible smoke. Florence fire reported that it was just dust blowing off the top of the elevator, so other units were told to disregard.


12:06 a.m. — Hillsboro fire responded to 190th Rd. between Jade and Indigo Rds. for a smell of rotten eggs in a garage. The reporting party told dispatchers he had propane in his garage. Firefighters found the source of the smell, which was not propane.

4:28 a.m. — Lincolnville first response and Tampa ambulance responded to US-77 between 290th and 280th Rds. for a woman having difficulty breathing. She was transported to Herington Municipal Hospital.


2:41 p.m. — Marion ambulance responded to the 1500 block of E. Lawrence St. for a man who was reported as acting out. No transportation was provided.

6:16 p.m. — Lincolnville fire and Lost Springs fire were called to Centre schools for a fire alarm that was activated. Lost Springs was dismissed, and Lincolnville fire reset the alarm.

8 p.m. — Marion ambulance and Hillsboro ambulance responded to K-256 between Timber and Upland Rds. for a possible heart attack. A person was transported to St. Luke.

9:08 p.m. — Peabody ambulance and law enforcement responded to the 200 block of Elm St. for what dispatchers described as a possible “suicide overdose.” The individual declined transportation, and reported they would go to the hospital by private vehicle.

Last modified Nov. 17, 2016