These broadcasts regarding fire and ambulance calls were monitored this past week by the newspaper:
No dispatches monitored.
1:32 a.m. — A resident at Marion Assisted Living Center who fell and may have dislocated an ankle was taken to St. Luke Hospital by Marion ambulance.
10:02 a.m. — Marion ambulance transferred a patient from St. Luke to Newton Medical Center.
8:17 p.m. — Hillsboro firefighters determined that a scent of something burning in a residence in the 400 block of E. Grand Ave. was attributable to a bad fan motor in one of two furnaces there.
12:34 a.m. — Lost Springs firefighters spent nearly two hours helping battle a structure fire at 3000 and ZZ Rds., west of Burdick.
2:32 a.m. — Hillsboro firefighters reset a false fire alarm at Tabor College student housing on Adams St.
5:59 p.m. — Marion ambulance transferred a patient from St. Luke to Via Christi– St. Francis Hospital, Wichita.
8:08 p.m. — Hillsboro firefighters spent less than 30 minutes investigating fumes emanating from valves cracked open on two ostensibly empty anhydrous ammonia tanks at Cooperative Grain and Supply in Hillsboro. Hillsboro ambulance also responded.
9:53 a.m. — Marion ambulance transferred a patient from St. Luke to Newton Medical.
3:33 a.m. — A woman complaining of illness and vomiting for several days was taken from the 300 block of N. Cedar St. to St. Luke by Marion ambulance.
5:54 p.m. — Marion ambulance assisted but did not transport a 65-year-old woman who fell in the 500 block of S. Cedar St. and needed help getting up.
9:03 p.m. — Marion ambulance assisted but did not transport a person who fell in the 300 block of N. 1st St.
4:04 p.m. — A patient with gastrointestinal bleeding was transferred by Marion ambulance from St. Luke to St. Francis.
8:52 p.m. — A woman who reportedly was injured in a traffic accident at 270th Rd. and US-77 declined to be transported by Marion ambulance, which along with a Lincolnville first responder and firefighters all arrived within 10 minutes of the initial dispatch.
1:13 a.m. — A ditch fire caused by a downed electric wire near 300th and Limestone Rds. was quickly extinguished by Tampa firefighters. One truck remained on the scene about an hour longer until a Westar repair crew arrived.
10:36 a.m. — Ambulances from both Marion and Hillsboro and two sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to a home on Jerome St. at Marion County Park and Lake for an unresponsive 56-year-old cardiac patient who was not breathing. The county’s emergency medical services director also responded. Emergency workers remained on the scene until after noon but did not report providing transportation.
2:03 p.m. — Peabody ambulance informed dispatchers that it was helping a woman who had fallen in downtown Peabody. The victim declined to be transported by ambulance and reportedly went to a hospital in a private vehicle.
Last modified Dec. 13, 2017