Broadcasts about these fire and ambulance calls were monitored this past week by the newspaper.
9:44 a.m. — A St. Luke Hospital patient was transferred to Newton Medical Center by Marion ambulance.
10:28 a.m. — A medical alarm was activated by a woman who fall in the 300 block of Tanglewood St., Marion. The emergency medical director and assistant help her up and canceled Hillsboro ambulance.
6:31 p.m. — Hillsboro firefighters were called to a gas smell in the 4-H building at the Marion County Fairgrounds. No gas leak was found.
7:52 a.m. — A medical alarm activated near 360th and Limestone Rds. It was an accidental push; no one was taken to a hospital by Tampa ambulance.
10:19 p.m. — A St. Luke patient was transferred to Newton Med by Marion ambulance.
8:52 a.m. — A 54-year-old woman having difficulties breathing at Salem Home, Hillsboro, was taken to Hillsboro Community Hospital by Hillsboro ambulance.
12:29 p.m. — Marion firefighters were called to a vehicle fire in the 700 block of S. Freeborn St., Marion.
6:31 p.m. — Marion, Hillsboro and Durham firefighters were called to an electrical fire at Salem Home, Hillsboro. No flames were found and Marion and Durham firefighters were canceled.
9:12 p.m. — A 34-year-old woman with high blood pressure and was dizzy in the 400 block of Main St., Tampa, was taken to HCH by Tampa ambulance.
3:18 p.m. — A 55-year-old man who wasn’t breathing near Freeborn and Weldon Sts., Marion, was taken to St. Luke by Marion ambulance. Hillsboro ambulance and Marion firefighters were also on scene.
9:39 p.m. — A St. Luke patient was transferred to Ascension Via-Christi St. Francis, Wichita, by Marion ambulance.
3:35 a.m. — A 85-year-old woman with stroke-like symptoms in the 200 block of S. Buller St., Goessel, was taken to Newton Med by Hillsboro ambulance. Goessel first responders were also on scene.
6:43 a.m. — Hillsboro firefighters were called to a fire alarm in the 100 block of N. Ash St., Hillsboro, that turned out to be a false alarm.
9:44 a.m. — Hillsboro firefighters were called to general fire alarm at Parkside Homes, but no smoke or fire was found.
11:30 p.m. — A St. Luke patient was transferred to the University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, by Marion ambulance.
10:23 a.m. — A 60-year-old man who was bleeding from the groin area in the 500 block of N. Cedar St., Marion, was taken to St. Luke by Hillsboro ambulance.
Last modified May 26, 2021