Broadcasts about these fire and ambulance calls were monitored this past week by the newspaper:
1:24 a.m. — After declining to be taken to a hospital two hours earlier, an 89-year-old man who fell at a farmhouse on 120th Rd. near Remington Rd. again declined to be taken to a hospital by Peabody ambulance.
10:39 p.m. — A controlled burn that grew out of control at 190th and Remington Rds. was extinguished within 20 minutes by Marion firefighters.
12:58 a.m. — A 72-year-old woman was transferred by Marion ambulance from St. Luke Hospital, Marion, to Newton Medical Center.
7:14 a.m. — A St. Luke patient was transferred to Research Medical Center, Kansas City, Missouri, by the county’s backup ambulance, based in Marion.
7:52 a.m. — A Lincolnville first responder reported a non-injury, two-vehicle accident at 6th St. and US-77 in Lincolnville.
8:26 a.m. — A rekindled grass fire at 190th and Remington Rds. was again extinguished within 20 minutes by Marion firefighters.
12:11 a.m. — A 95-year-old woman was transferred by Hillsboro ambulance from Hillsboro Community Hospital to Newton Med.
7:57 a.m. — A 58-year-old man was transferred by Hillsboro ambulance from HCH to Newton Med.
12:25 p.m. — Hillsboro ambulance responded to a medical alarm accidentally pressed by a 69-year-old woman at Grand Oaks Apartments in Hillsboro.
5:38 p.m. — A 57-year-old woman was transferred by Hillsboro ambulance from HCH to Newton Med.
5:54 p.m. — A 78-year-old man complaining of sickness and vomiting at a residence on Pioneer Ct. at Marion County Lake declined to be taken to a hospital by Marion ambulance.
10:43 p.m. — A 72-year-old man was transferred by Marion ambulance from St. Luke to Wesley Medical Center, Wichita.
1:34 a.m. — Immediately upon returning, Marion ambulance transferred another St. Luke patient to Dole Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Wichita.
Because of a technical problem, transmissions were not monitored from 2:23 a.m. until 9:18 a.m.
11:39 a.m. — A false alarm by a carbon monoxide detector at a farmhouse on 140th Rd. east of Kanza Rd. was checked by Hillsboro firefighters.
4:55 p.m. — A 96-year-old woman with suddenly impaired vision in the 400 block of Locust St. in Marion declined to be taken to a hospital by Marion ambulance.
5:59 p.m. — Marion rescue squad members and Lost Springs firefighters provided traffic control and cleanup for a two-vehicle accident on US-56/77 near 330th Rd. Lincolnville first responders and Tampa, Herington, and Marion ambulances also were called but were not asked to taken anyone to a hospital.
1:13 a.m. — A fire alarm set off by a cooking mishap at Tabor College townhouses was reset by Hillsboro firefighters.
5:56 a.m. — A 59-year-old woman who fell while taking a shower in the 500 block of S. Cedar St. in Marion declined to be taken to a hospital by Marion ambulance.
10:43 p.m. — An 80-year-old woman who slipped out of her bed in the 300 block of S. 3rd St. in Hillsboro declined to be taken to a hospital by Hillsboro ambulance.
9:04 a.m. — A 68-year-old woman who fell out of her wheelchair in the 500 block of S. Cedar St. in Marion was taken to St. Luke by Marion ambulance. Marion firefighters were called to help lift her.
9:20 a.m. — An 80-year-old woman who fell down half a flight of stairs and hit her head at First Baptist Church in Durham was taken to Newton Med by Hillsboro ambulance. A Durham first responder assisted with the call.
1:19 p.m. — A 68-year-old man was transferred by Marion ambulance from St. Luke to Ascension Via Christi St. Francis Hospital, Wichita.
2:14 p.m. — A diabetic male in the 400 block of N. Sycamore St. in Peabody was taken to Newton Med by Hillsboro ambulance.
10:24 p.m. — A 48-year-old man was transferred by Marion ambulance from St. Luke to Salina Regional Health Center.
1:04 p.m. — A 72-year-old woman was transferred by Marion ambulance from St. Luke to Salina Regional.
4:46 p.m. — Thermal imaging by Hillsboro firefighters indicated that the only hot spot on what had been reported as a burning oil well northwest of 220th and Alamo Rds. was the muffler on a running jack pump. Further investigation revealed an oil leak on a nearby out-of-service jack pump that might have caused some smoke while the pump was running.
6:01 p.m. — A 19-year-old male asked to be transferred by Hillsboro ambulance from HCH to Newton Med but subsequently decided to go by private vehicle.
8:50 p.m. — An elderly woman who had been vomiting for days was taken by Peabody ambulance to St. Francis from the 100 block of N. Olive St. The ambulance was diverted from Newton Med. Peabody firefighters helped lift the patient.
10:56 p.m. — A 76-year-old woman who fell while getting up from a chair in the 100 block of E. Main St. in Goessel. was helped by Hillsboro ambulance attendants and Goessel firefighters. She declined to be taken to a hospital.
Last modified Nov. 17, 2021