Hillsboro’s weekly farmers markets are a tradition that offers freshly grown produce and craft items.
Besides produce and crafts, vendors offer handmade, homemade, or homegrown small batch products.
The market also offers a chance to mingle with community members and sit down to enjoy a meal in the park.
Markets are from 5 to 7
p.m. Thursdays at Memorial Park. A different community organization offers dinner at each.
Menus for the rest of the year are:
- July 7 — Supreme nachos by Grace Community Fellowship, by donation.
- July 14 — Barbecue beef sandwich, baked beans, chips, cookie, and water by Salem Home, $10.
- Aug. 4 — Hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, chips, and watermelon by Lions Club, $9.
- Aug. 11 — Bierocks served by United Methodist Women.
- Aug. 18 — Smoked pork chops with fixings by Hillsboro FFA and FFA alumni.
- Aug. 25 — Rib-eye steak sandwich by Hillsboro Community Foundation.
- Sept. 1 — Pork, beef, or chicken fajitas, fruit salad, and cookie, by Alexanderfeld Church, $10.
Peabody’s Monday farmers markets are a place to find tasty things to eat and tasteful things for decoration.
The markets are from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. downtown and will continue through Labor Day except for this Monday.
As vendors sell produce, baked treats and crafts, meals are available through community organizations. Planned are:
July 11 — Pulled pork, coleslaw, chips, and pumpkin bars by Peabody Fall Festival committee.
July 18 — Meal to be sponsored by Sunflower Theatre.
July 25 — Chicken salad, croissant, pickle, chips, brownie, and drink by American Legion Auxiliary.
Aug. 1 — Taco salad by Peabody Fall Festival committee.
Aug. 8 — Meal to be sponsored by Peabody Christian Church.
Aug. 15 — Meal by the Hub.
Aug. 22 — Sausage link on bun by Peabody Fall Festival committee.
Aug. 29 — Meal by Peabody Christmas Light Committee.
Sept. 5 — Meal by Sunflower Theatre.
Last modified June 29, 2022