Free commodities to be distributed
Bimonthly distribution of free food items to low-income residents age 60 and older is scheduled to begin next week.
Recipients must have a monthly household income of no more than $1,473 plus $511 for each household member beyond the first.
Commodities from the U.S. Department of Agriculture will be distributed first come, first served by community at these locations and times:
- Burns — Morning at community center.
- Goessel — 5 p.m. at Mennonite church.
- Lincolnville — 10:30 to 11 a.m. at community center.
- Lost Springs — 11 a.m. at Marion Senior Center.
- Marion — 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at senior center.
- Peabody — 10 to 11:30 a.m. at senior center.
- Pilsen — 11:30 a.m. at community center.
- Ramona — Morning at community center.
- Tampa — 3 to 4 p.m. at senior center.
- Florence — 9 to 11 a.m. at senior center.
- Durham, Hillsboro, and Lehigh — 9 a.m. to noon at Main Street Ministries, Hillsboro.
Shipping pallets from commodities will be available free to anyone curbside.