Free food to be available
Weather permitting, free food items will be distributed next week in Marion County. In case of inclement weather, distribution will be the following week.
To qualify, a household must have monthly income of no more than $1,328 for the first household member, plus roughly $49 for each additional household member.
Commodities will be available by community on a first come, first served at these times and locations:
- Burns Community Center, morning.
- Goessel Mennonite Church, 5 p.m.
- Lincolnville Community Center, 10:30 to 11 a.m.
- Marion Senior Center, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. with Lost Springs community members picking up items at 11 a.m. Free pallets will be available after commodities are distributed.
- Peabody Senior Center, 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- Pilsen Community Center, 11:30 a.m.
- Ramona Community Center, morning.
- Tampa Senior Center, 3 to 4 p.m.
- Florence Senior Center, 9 to 11 a.m.
- Hillsboro Main Street Ministries, 9 a.m. to noon, also for Durham and Lehigh residents.
Additional information is available from the county’s Department on Aging at (620) 382-3580.