Goessel foundation awards 6 grants
The Goessel Community Foundation awarded six grants to local non-profit organizations.
The grants include:
- $1,000 to Bethesda Home to supplement expenses for the Friendship Meal Program.
- $500 to Goessel USD 411 for Community Addressing Readiness for Everyone program for family engagement opportunities and education activities for parents of preschool age children.
- $500 to Prairie View, Inc. to provide Youth Mental Health First Aid training to USD 411 Goessel teachers and staff who work directly with students.
- $500 to Goessel Jr./Sr. High School to help fund expenses for attending FCCLA state and national leadership conferences.
- $500 to Tabor Food Pantry to purchase supplies and Keith’s Foods cards.
- $330 to Marion County Families and Communities Together for its Family Financial Assistance Network, which provides emergency financial assistance to households unable to pay for basic services necessary for family health and safety.
Carol Reimer Duerksen, communications chairman for the foundation, said increased donations to its Impact Fund made it possible to award more generous grants compared to last year.
“Our goal of reaching $125,000 (currently $75,000) for our Impact Fund, would allow for larger grants in the future,” she said.
To help reach this goal, donations should be sent to GCF, PO Box 244, Goessel, KS 67053, or online at the Goessel Community Foundation website.
Last modified April 23, 2020