Hay permits available for highway right-of-ways
Several changes have been made to Kansas Department of Transportation permits to harvest hay along state and federal roadways.
Changes to the permits include:
- Permits expiring on Sept. 31 annually.
- No harvesting permitted on interstate highway right of way.
- No equipment shall be left on the right of way longer than 10 days.
- No signature of county noxious weed director is required.
- KDOT reserves the right to retain up to 20 percent of bales harvested from the right of way as part of the permit agreement.
Permits for adjacent landowners will be given priority until March 31, after which they will be issued in the order they are received.
The applications are available at https://www.ksdot.org/offtransinfo/Form317.pdf.