ARCHIVE

  • Last modified 131 days ago (April 12, 2018)

MORE

Historic Matfield Green ranch headquarters re-opens

An area historic Flint Hills ranch headquarters dedicated to prairie heritage education has reopened to tourists.

Pioneer Bluffs, a National Register Historic District site located one mile north of Matfield Green on K-177, features a 1908 farm house with works by local artists, a restored 1915 barn, and distinctive mile-long limestone fence. Educational and cultural events are offered throughout the tourist season.

The site is open noon to 5 p.m. on Fridays and Mondays, and by appointment. Admission is free.

More information is available by contacting Lynn Smith at (620) 753-3484, or lynn@pioneerbluffs.org.

Last modified April 12, 2018

Quantcast