Hospital auxiliary donates $8,300
Children and home health patients will benefit from donations announced at a St. Luke Hospital Auxiliary meeting April 5.
The auxiliary board approved $2,400 to furnish a pediatric exam room at St. Luke Medical Clinic. The board also voted to spend $5,890 for new iPad software for home health.
Laura Potsner, program director for Safehope, presented the program. Safehope provides advocacy and support to survivors and secondary victims of domestic and sexual violence in Marion, Harvey, and McPherson counties. The agency recently opened an office at 422 E. Main St. in Marion.
A $50,000 grant was awarded for the heating/air conditioning project in the Living Center.
Additional information items included:
- An injury awareness program called Motion Watch is being introduced in the Physical Therapy Department.
- Urologist Christopher Carlson will be at St. Luke Hospital the first and third Wednesdays of each month.
- Students from the EMS class have been working with St. Luke Living Center staff as part of their rotation.
- Window treatments have been ordered for rooms on the 300 hall. Remodeling work will start on the 500 hall rooms soon.
- Janet Herzet is collecting annual dues.
The next meeting will be 9:30 a.m. May 3 in the clinic basement.
Last modified April 19, 2018