More law enforcement officers will be on Kansas highways and streets over Thanskgiving weekend.
Kansas Highway Patrol and other law enforcement organizations will conduct a special traffic enforcement program focused on impaired drivers, child passenger safety laws, and seat belt use among travelers throughout the holiday weekend.
KHP offers the following holiday travel advice:
- Make sure a vehicle is in working order.
- Stock vehicles with items that would benefit the driver if involved in a crash, such as bottled water, blankets, non-perishable foods, first aid kit, and flashlight with extra batteries.
- Plan travel routes with family.
- Charge cellphones before traveling.
- Dress for the weather.
- Check for road conditions and/or construction.