Marion’s Main St. to teem with holiday fun Saturday
Marion’s downtown will mark the start of the Christmas season Saturday with its fourth annual Holly Jolly Christmas.
A downtown Elf on the Shelf hunt will be sponsored by CB Baked Goods. The hunt will begin at the bakery. Kids will have until Dec. 2 to return their lists of where they found elves and win prizes.
“It’s really too hard for the parents to get their kids to all those businesses in one day,” owner Rachel Collett said.
Other events planned for the day include:
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. — Jingle ’N’ Mingle Christmas items on sale at the Community Center.
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Aunt Bee’s Floral and Gifts open house.
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. — Dawn’s Day Spa serving hot cider.
- 10 to 11:30 a.m. —Santa visits and photos in the Santa Fe Room at Marion City Library.
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Sleigh rides with Santa and Mrs. Claus near St. Luke Auxiliary Shoppe, 321 E. Main St.
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Hot cider at Marion Historical Museum.
- 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. — Recorded music downtown.
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. — Bill & Essie’s BBQ in Marion Community Center basement.
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Live reindeer between Historic Elgin Hotel and Bowron Building.
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Pine cone gnomes at Zera Coffee.
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Free hot cocoa at Tap Truck at Zera Coffee.
- 12 to 3 p.m. — Free cookies for children while they last at CB Baked Goods and train rides for kids.
- 2:30 to 3 p.m. — Snow at the Elgin followed by cookie exchange at 3 p.m.
- 5 p.m. — Lighted Christmas parade on Main St.
- 6:30 p.m. — High school alumni basketball games at Sports and Aquatics Center.
- 7 p.m. — Bingo benefit for Marion County War Memorial in Marion VFW dining hall.