Marion's water supply tests free of harmful toxins
A drinking water notice, issued three months ago by the state health department because low levels of a toxin caused by blue-green algae at Marion Reservoir were found in water testing, was rescinded Tuesday.
The original notice informed the public that although microtoxins were present in Marion’s drinking water, the level was too low to cause any danger. Drinking and cooking with Marion’s water was safe.
A new notice said that city water samples show no detectible toxins in water testing.
The city and state will continue to monitor Marion’s water for microtoxins through October.
Last modified Aug. 21, 2019