100 years ago
june 20, 1912
The Dawn Club is building a semi-circular cement walk connecting the two north entrances of the Park. This is being done with the money they made from the winter lecture course. It will add much to the permanent beautifying of the Park.
The ladies of Wren will have an ice cream social at the school house on the evening of June 28 for the benefit of the parsonage.
The “All Town Supper” given by the ladies of the town yesterday evening for the benefit of the fund for building a cement walk from the bridge to the Chautauqua tent was a great success in every way. Over ninety dollars was taken in and over seventy-six dollars net. The supper was served at the new Santa Fe station, the tables being set on the east and south platform and in the freight room. A great number of the ladies of the town cooperated in this fine movement.
Dr. C.C. Jones was up to Lindsborg the first of the week and arranged for a distribution of orphans by the New York Children’s Aid Society on the 28th of this month. The meeting was held in the big college auditorium.
Mr. and Mrs. Clyde Loveless visited with the Boy Scouts in their camp near New Cambria one day the past week and say that the boys were having a great time. There have been about 150 boys from 15 different towns at the camp. Our boys are expected home today.
Last modified June 13, 2012