• Last modified 1910 days ago (April 23, 2014)


april 23, 1914

The ladies of the Thimble Club have made arrangements for erecting four beautiful stone and brick columns at Central Park entrances—two each of the two main entrances on the north. They will be seven feet high, with stone base and caps and the rest brick. Each will have on top a large clouded electric light globe. The iron rail will be connected with these pillars. They already have the money raised for the purpose. It will be a splendid piece of improvement, and will add much to the beauty of the place.

Moore and Kleinhammer will ship one of their cement stave silos on Saturday to Art Hudson, a farmer who lives near Peabody, and will go down on Monday to erect it for him. They are selling a great silo and are building up a splendid business.

Don’t get excited about it. That rubbish that is being piled in the low place below the Ekeler place will be covered with dirt.

Dr. and Mrs. R.C. Smith and family are moving this week to their new home of Elm street. They have been making improvements in the place and plan to build a fine residence on the site of the present house later on.

Excavation is being made, preparatory to the building of the residence which Mr. and Mrs. W. V. Church will have erected on a lot just south of the old Trenner place.

Last modified April 23, 2014