110 years ago
july 23, 1908
Marion Gun Club is being organized. Carl Gilchrist and Dr. L.E. West are principal advocates.
Lafe Bell has purchased the Pantatorium and equipment of Coburn & Keller and will continue the business in the Case block, room 4.
F.M. Penland and wife left Sunday for a visit with their daughter, Mrs. Nathan Smith of Shattuck, Okla. They had just received word from Mrs. Smith that they had had a narrow escape from being killed by the roof of their sod house falling in. Mrs. Smith, her children and sister-in-law were in the house when they heard the roof giving and just got out of the door when the crash came. They just saved a few of their things, as most everything was smashed to pieces.
Mr. and Mrs. Tom Doran, well recommended hotel people from Wichita, have purchased the furniture and equipment at the Elgin hotel and will take charge August 1. The Wheelock family will move to the residence property west of the hotel.
A.W. Corn, an old time Marion County boy who recently returned from Oklahoma, this week purchased the drays of Thomas Kellett and Frank Morse and will take charge the first of the week. The gentlemen selling out will rest up awhile before engaging in other business.
Jersey Cream is all the go. A refreshing drink for 5c at the Red Cross Pharmacy.
Last modified July 19, 2018