110 years ago
december 3, 1908
Homes & Bitner have established a general repair shop and second hand store in the J.P. Reed building on Main street and will have for sale second hand sewing machines, guns, and jewelry and other goods soon. Anything that needs repairing will be in their line, from a heavy piece of furniture to a picture molding, and light machine work, guns, etc.
Miss Fae Paddock is teaching in the Valley school this week in the absence of Miss Jennie Corby
$25 reward will be paid for the arrest and conviction of the thief or thieves who stole the lap robes and overcoat out of the buggies at F.L. Dockstader’s livery barn on the night of Nov. 2, 1908, and $10 for the return of property. T.B. Armstrong, President, Marion Anti-Horse Thief Association.
W.S. Hargett has taken a five years’ lease on the Elgin Hotel, taking charge December 1. The Elgin is good property and Mr. Hargett’s friends believe he will make the Elgin a popular house with the general public.
Miss Ella Buethe and Mr. Chas. Opdenhoff were married last Sunday, Nov. 29, at the home of the bride’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Henry Buethe northeast of Marion.
Last modified Nov. 28, 2018