25 years ago
september 19, 1994
Construction of a 10,000 square foot extension continues at Marion Manufacturing. The addition will double the building’s size to accommodate roll-form machines used to make tin siding and roofing. Marion Die and Fixture also is expanding its plant as both businesses continue to gain business from customers both large and small.
Jason Goodin, a junior at Marion High School, spent two weeks during August on a church mission trip to Gatchina, Russia, 20 miles south of St. Petersburg, where he helped to remodel a Lutheran church.
The MHS Classes of ’29, ’39, ’44, ’49, ’59, ’64, ’74, and ’84 will be holding reunions during the annual Old Settlers; Day weekend.
Central National Bank Marion County announced this week the former Edson Childs Garage building in Marion, owned by the bank, will be demolished. The building will become a parking lot for the bank.
The “Last Member Club” of the MHS graduating class of 1927 met Sept. 10 at the Stone City Café. After graduating 67 years ago, eight members of the class still live in Marion and four do not.