• Last modified 2609 days ago (July 2, 2012)


july 10, 1952

The final finishing touches on the new Marion Community Hospital are being completed and the institution should be ready for its formal opening before many weeks.

Riddle Quarries and Riddle Soil Service is spreading agricultural lime over a wide area. Seventeen counties, in fact, are now being serviced with this valuable soil-building material by the industrious local industry. The raw material is processed from native limestone at two plants, Marion and Little River.

An American flag was raised for the first time July 4th on a newly erected flag stand in the Lincolnville City Park. Mr. and Mrs. H.W. Tiemeier donated the site of the park to the city 39 years ago. Members of the family have erected the flag stand in their memory.

Several youngsters enjoyed a trip to Wichita Sunday evening when their parents took them to Wichita for a picnic at Riverside Park followed by a visit to Kiddieland. Those enjoying the evening were Mr. and Mrs. Jim Kline and Jill, Mr. and Mrs. Wharton Hoch, Bob and Beverly, Mr. and Mrs. Rusty Longhofer, Darold and David, and Mr. and Mrs. E.G. Westerhaus, Donnie and Mary.

C.J. Covey, Topeka, expects to open a body and fender shop in the Hargett building, South Third Street, next week. Remodeling of the rooms of the former Ford Motor Company to accommodate the equipment the shop will use is now in progress.

Last modified July 2, 2012