• Last modified 1251 days ago (Oct. 22, 2015)


0ctober 20, 1955

Pictured is the attractive home of Mr. and Mrs. Chester McKibbin on North Cedar Street, another in the popular series of Marion homes carried from week to week in the Record-Review. The house was constructed by Bill Buethe for the Joe Gamaches. He, at the same time, constructed the home directly to the north for Mr. and Mrs. Sylvester Vinduska, now owned by Mr. and Mrs. John Brose.

Work is going forward this week on making a new addition at the city park. Concrete is being poured on the tennis courts and a retaining wall around the edge will be built so the courts can be flooded in winter, providing an ideal spot for ice skaters.

St. Luke Hospital, this week, marks the third anniversary of its opening. Included in the write-up is an article written by Dorothy Sandwell Youk, who recently joined the staff as a registered nurse.

Weddings reported in this week’s issue are those of Josephine Schafers and Robert Richmond, Donna Claire Miesse and James R. Fruechting, Patricia DeWitt and A/2 Charles Druse, and Janice Riekman and James S. Sandwell.

Marion High School Warriors took their first CVL football defeat in almost three years Friday at the hands of an inspired team of Herington Railers. It was the first loss in league play since Nov. 14, 1952, when they came out on the short end of a battle at Council Grove.

Last modified Oct. 22, 2015