ARCHIVE

  • Last modified 1107 days ago (Nov. 10, 2015)

MORE

november 10, 1955

The countywide search of the Marion County Historical Museum for an old log house, that might be renovated and made into a valued unit of historical display, has revealed at least one that is loaded with history and, most amazing of all, has been in daily use for the past 93 years. The house, now serving as a large kitchen at the Leo Scharenberg home, belongs to Fred A. Bichet, and is the original Bichet home build along the banks of the Cottonwood east of Florence in 1862.

Pictured on the front page is Don Fruechting holding a 23-pound raccoon, which he ran down and caught without benefit of weapons.

Friends enjoyed a venison supper at the recreation hall at Marion County Lake Thursday evening. The wives of deer hunters John Safarik, Clement Klenda, Charles Stika, Albert Klenda, and Rudy Krch prepared the meal. The birthday of Mrs. Albert Klenda also was celebrated.

Cob Hauser, George Baxter and Albert Holder drove to Alexandria Sunday and visited Jim Herring and family. Mr. Herring, who claims to be 102 years old, lived in Marion many years ago and later worked on the George Hauser farm near Lost Springs.

Bryce Ollenberger, who was four years old Sunday, asked guests for a party Saturday afternoon. Those invited were Billy Dunn of El Dorado, Larry, Bobby and Vicki Boese, Roy, Anita and Jan VanBuren, Gene Hett, Bill and Kim Olsen, and Rita Kreutziger.

Last modified Nov. 10, 2015

Quantcast