• Last modified 707 days ago (Oct. 29, 2020)


november 2, 1950

The new American Legion building on Marion’s Main Street will soon be a reality, according to members of the Legion building committee.

The new building will continue to house the Recreation Parlor and Marion Electric Shop.

The second floor will be devoted to Legion clubrooms and three office spaces along the front of the building.

The Marion Warriors 1950 football squad added a sixth scalp to their victory string Friday when they defeated Hope 33-0.

The entire squad was treated to a chili supper at Kingfisher’s Inn after their win. Mr. and Mrs. George King, owners and operators of the popular eating place, were hosts to the squad.

Remodeling and redecoration is underway this week on a new office location for the law firm of Johnston and Costello. They will occupy the room immediately south of Farmers and Drovers National Bank on Third St.

Marion’s water supply has become lower and lower in recent months and now stands at a point that is not only inadequate, but dangerous as well. The commission is looking at the main river channel above the dam as a new source and has hired engineers who are drawing up plans to change the river channel.

Boy Scout members of the “Pioneer Patrol” had a wiener roast, overnight party, and breakfast at the Kenneth Wingerd home over the weekend. Scouts attending were Robert Meisinger, David Montgomery, Dean Kelsey, Dick Hoch, Oscar Davies, Jerry Seifert, and Bruce Wingerd.

Last modified Oct. 29, 2020