Cross-country at Peabody-Burns High and Junior High Schools will be a season of uncertainty in 2013. The first day of practice should provide more clarity for the program.
“I expect this to be a growing season for cross-country here” Coach Kim Topham said. “I have some new runners that have expressed interest in coming out and some that have run in the past are considering not running this season. With the athletes that do run, we will work on personal goals early and throughout the season.”
The 2013 team will open at a meet in Clearwater on September 5. Also on the schedule will be Hesston, Marion, Halstead, Chapman, and a home meet.
- Sept. 5: At Clearwater, 3:45 p.m.
- Sept. 12: At Hesston, 4 p.m.
- Sept. 19: At home, 3:30 p.m.
- Sept. 26: At Marion, 4 p.m.
- Oct. 3: At Halstead, 3:30 p.m.
- Oct. 10: At Chapman, 3:30 p.m.
- Oct. 26: Regionals at site to be determined.
- Nov. 2: State at Wamego.