Parts of Tampa evacuated after gas leak
Firefighters evacuated residents of several houses for nearly two hours after a driver hit a Tampa gas meter at 12:37 a.m. Saturday in the 200 block of 5th St.
The accident caused the underground gas pipe to break, so deputies and Tampa firefighters blocked off the street until Atmos Energy technicians arrived and got the leak shut off.
Deputies and firefighters were able to leave the scene at 2:40 a.m.
Undersheriff Larry Starkey said no accident report would be available, because the accident was on private property.
Last modified June 2, 2022
© 2023 HOCH PUBLISHING | Marion County Record | Hillsboro Star-Journal | Peabody Gazette-Bulletin | Checkerboard