Class Valedictorians and “Highest Honors” students of the high schools in Marion County were asked the questions: 1. What do you plan to be doing this summer and fall after you graduate? If you are planning on attending college, do you have a major picked out? 2. Look 10 years down the road—where would you like to be? What would you like to be doing? 3. What is the best “life lesson” or advice you have gotten in high school that you are going to take with you to use in the future. Here are the responses received.
1. I am planning on moving to Orlando, Florida this summer and working at Disney World. I will hopefully work for about a year, and then I will look into colleges in Florida or Kansas.
2. I would either like to own my own business, either a bakery or a clothing boutique, or I would like to teach social studies or art and coach a junior high or high school girls’ basketball team.
3. Think and pray about your decisions before you make them and never say anything that you may regret.
1. This summer I will be working for the Parks Department of Newton. I will be majoring in pre-med in the fall.
2. In 10 years I hope to be an obstetrician-gynecologist in Kansas.
3. Those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
1. Next fall I will be attending Hesston College to play volleyball and study elementary education.
2. I hope to be teaching art in elementary school.
3. Love what you do!