Class Valedictorians and “Highest Honors” students of the high schools in Marion County were asked the questions: 1. What do you plan to be doing this summer and fall after you graduate? If you are planning on attending college, do you have a major picked out? 2. Look 10 years down the road—where would you like to be? What would you like to be doing? 3. What is the best “life lesson” or advice you have gotten in high school that you are going to take with you to use in the future. Here are the responses received.
1. I will lifeguard this summer then go to Bethel College this fall to major in elementary education and get a certificate in youth ministry.
2. I will hopefully be working at a small elementary school.
3. Have fun in life and don’t get caught up in the little things.
1. I plan on having a job and playing baseball. In the fall I will attend Tabor College and play football. I will major in accounting and business.
2. I would like to have a family and be an accountant.
3. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.
1. This summer I plan on traveling to Europe. I’ve had exchange students and I’m going to visit them. I’m attending Grand Canyon University in Phoenix, Arizona in the fall, majoring in psychology with a minor in Spanish.
2. After I get my master’s degree in psychology, I want to get a doctorate in industrial-organizational psychology. I want to go to a Spanish-speaking country to work at a nonprofit in education or health.
3. Don’t be afraid to try things, even if you fail.