• Last modified 2623 days ago (April 19, 2012)


Water flex account available

The Kansas Department of Agriculture Division of Water Resources is accepting applications for the revised program that allows groundwater right holders to manage their water over a 5-year period.

The 2012 Legislature made significant changes to the state’s Multi-Year Flex Account program as a part of series of water law changes designed to conserve the state’s water supply and extend the life of Ogallala Aquifer.

A MYFA allows water right holders to obtain a 5-year term permit that temporarily replaces their water right. The permit allows the water right holder to exceed their annual authorized quantity in any year by restricts total pumping over the 5-year period.

The new MYFA application form is available on the Kansas Department of Agriculture Division of Water Resource’s web site, at its field offices, and at the office of the state’s five Groundwater Management Districts.

Last modified April 19, 2012